DYNAMIC HYPEREXTENSION TLSO SPINE ORTHOSIS WITH LSO BACK BRACE
Typical spine is straight, viewing from the back (the frontal plane). In the sagittal plane, your spine is curved naturally. When scoliosis occurs, the spine can curve in one of 3 ways:
- Levoscoliosis – the spine curves to the left as a single (the letter C shape)
- Dextroscoliosis – the spine curves to the right as a single curve (backwards letter C shape)
- S-shaped scoliosis – the spine has two curves
The most common is idiopathic scoliosis, which occurs in approximately 2% the worldwide population.
Scoliosis can be divided according to the degeneration degree:
- Functional scoliosis – not much serious. Can be treated actively by physical therapy (muscle tension control) and passively (positioning aids in bed like STABILObed, TLSO orthosis). There’s no vertebrae torsion.
- Structural scoliosis – structural deformations of muscles, ligaments and bones (vertebrae torsion). Also, chest and pelvic deformations can occur.
During disease progress, every functional scoliosis becomes structural deformation. When the spinal curve is too big, then surgery is necessary.
Spinal bracing is using in both rehabilitation and operative treatment.
For Patient’s satisfy, Reh4Mat created advanced spinal orthoses TOTUS and CASTUS, providing stabilization in frontal, sagittal and transverse planes of motion.
Which spine brace you need?
Compression Fracture (osteoporosis)
TOTUS spine brace (ref: AM-WSP-04/TLSO) is made of high quality aluminum and steel covered hot powder. The brace stabilizes and off-loads the spine and special construction with rigid armpit prevents against the side flexion.
TOTUS spine brace consists of:
- 2-splints, dynamic spine support with height adjustment and skin-friendly layer
- Pelvic girdle frame with width adjustment and skin-friendly layer
- A set of adjustable armpits with skin-friendly cover and chest pellotes
- A set of armpit stabilizers with height adjustment
- Soft back brace with orthopedic splints and stays.
All of adjustment is made with only one added screwdriver.
2-splints dynamic frame off-loads and supports the spine and height adjustment is possible by only screwing. Width of the armpits is also adjusted and equipped with waterproof cover. When you need, you can add special splint to your armpit what makes your brace more rigid.
Pelvic girdle frame is very easy to shape on body, because of elastic spring steel. The width of the frame is adjusted by screwing bolts. It’s covered by waterproof layer. The front pelvic frame is equipped with adjusted strap what provides good fitting.
TOTUS spinal brace is the dynamic brace that improves weakness muscles. The frame has also a little plasticity what allows to fit the brace precisely but it should be applied by physician or PT.
TOTUS, in standard, is equipped with LSO back brace with additional splints and orthopedic stays. If you need, you can attach or remove your back brace, because of special Velcro attachment. This rear part is made of AirSANMED – perforated, very breathable material with medical certificate.
Our spinal brace is covered by ActivSpace – great material where airflow is improved, sweat is decreased and 3D construction provides a little therapeutic vibration.
Our soft back brace has circumferential adjustment where you can cut unnecessary part off. It’s made of AirDistance II in this rear part.
Lateral parts of TOTUS is made of elastic, perforated material called AirRubber.
Feel safe even in your bathroom!
When you remove you soft back brace, you can use our TOTUS spine frame in your shower and be still safe!
Purpose of use
- Spine deformations (scoliosis)
- Compression Fracture (osteoporosis)
- Burst Fracture
- Flexion Fracture
- Extension Fracture
|Size||Hip circumference of 5 cm below the navel (B)||Width under the armpits (A)||Height from trochanter (C)||How to measure|
| 36-43 cm
Medical products class 1 – conforming the directive of the Board (93/42/EWG) concerning medical products. Producer of orthopedic and medical products, firma REH4MAT issued appropriate EC declaration of conformity.