CHILDREN’S POST OPERATIVE KNEE IMMOBILIZATION WITH SPLINTS 1R
Post operative knee immobilization with a mechanism to adjust the range of motion in every 15°. The knee joint is “open”, so your doctor can change dressing without removing the brace (e.g. after ACL reconstruction).
Children post operative knee immobilization is made of:
1. Two open sleeves – tight and shin – which can be easily put on and precisely fitted to the size of the lower limb.
2. Orthopaedic splints with system of fastening.
3. Set of Velcro tapes.
The product is equipped with single-axis side splint made of high quality plastic with carbon fibre. The specific location of the splints in the apparatus and their stiffness allows for perfect stabilization of the secured joint. The splints are equipped with special regulation of flexion and extention every 15°. This kind of precise adjustment makes the process of rehabilitation of the damaged knee joint easier. There is also a possibility to fix the regulation in the position of 180°, this option used if there is a requirement to stabilize the limb in straight position. The weight of the AM-KD/KU/1-R apparatus equipped with carbon fibre splints is a few times lower than the weight of traditional orthesis. This fact makes the usage of the device considerably easier.
|Size||(A) Thigh circumference||(B) Calf circumference||How to measure|
|1||22 – 50 cm
(8,7″ – 19,7″)
|20 – 35 cm
(7,9″ – 13,8″)
|2||22 – 53 cm
(8,7″ – 20,9″)
|20 – 38 cm
(7,9″ – 15″)
|3||24 – 55 cm
(9,4″ – 21,7″)
|22 – 41 cm
(8,7″ – 16,1″)
Fits for both legs.
Total length of the product:
1: 29 cm (11,4″)
2: 32 cm (12,6″)
3: 42 cm (16,5″)
- PERFECT STABILIZATION – provided thanks to the set of orthopaedic splints.
- COMFORT OF USAGE- the sleeves are made of special soft fabric which does not cause skin abrasion.
- EASYNESS OF USAGE- simple way of putting on and taking off the apparatus by the patient.
- HYGIENE- the product can be disassembled easily therefore there is no problem with washing and maintenance.
- LOW WEIGHT OF THE PRODUCT- the AM-KD/KU/1-R apparatus is equipped with carbon fibre splints is a few times lower than the weight of traditional orthesis
Purpose of use
The device should be used in following cases:
- dislocation of the knee joint
- detortion of the knee joint
- luck of side and front-medial stability of the knee
- damage to the knee ligaments LCL, MCL and ACL
- after orthopaedic surgery
1R splints – single axis orthopedic splints used in all knee joint and upper limb braces, where apart from adjustment of the flection and extension angle, high lateral stabilization of the joint is not required, but important if low weight of the brace. Due to the low weight the splints are successfully used in all braced for children. They are manufactured with high quality plastic with carbon fibre, making the splints light and indifferent to the influence of sweat and salt, properly firm therefore assuring correct functioning of the device. Adjustment of the flection and extension angle is performed with special Allen screw, by every 15 degrees – each brace is equipped with a key necessary for adjustment. Standard length of the braces is: 250, 280, 380 mm. The splint and its design are patented in European Union by our company.
Medical products class 1 – conforming the directive of the Board (93/42/EWG) concerning medical products. Producer of orthopedic and medical products, firma REH4MAT issued appropriate EC declaration of conformity.