Bath child seat
Bath child seat AKVOSEGO™ is created for children with infantile cerebral palsy to maintain their health and hygiene.
This condition depends on its stage and can occurs as an:
- Hemiplegia, characterized by only one side muscles weakness, based on muscle rigidity or flaccid paralysis.
- Diplegia usually involves lower limbs where gait learning is very difficult. Patients often use walkers or crutches.
- Bilateral hemiplegia is connected with deflexion position and limited motions. With age, paresis of limbs can occur, mainly of upper limbs.
- Tetraplegia involves whole body: head, trunk and limbs. Patients, depending on stage, can crawl, sit or lie.
- Care of children with cerebral palsy is very trying and hygiene actions are awkward.
In this case our child seat AKVOSEGO™ can be very useful. While bath, the child is protected and the injury risk is reduced. Stable and comfortable child position provides more comfort for patient.
The child seat is made of aluminium pipes that ensure stable and failure-free use for a long time. This construction is neutral for harmful water influence. The AKVOSEGO™ can be fully adapted to the user’s needs (sitting or lying position), because of footstool, seat, back rest and headrest adjustment.
The upholstery of the child seat is made of polyamide netting which is neutral for water influence and water-permeable.
The device is very helpful and it is suitable for every bath with standard size.
The pressure of the cloth can be adjusted with belts with Velcro fastenings. The stabilisation of the child is ensured by belts this belts also.
The top frame is reclining which is very helpful while child’s head wash.
The areas where the child seat contacts the ground are protected with foam covers so as not to damage the bathtub surface.
Purpose of use
Bath child seat AKVOSEGO™ should be used in case of:
- Infantile cerebral palsy,
- Injury or amputation of limbs,
- Deformation of limbs,
- Degeneration or injury of joints.
Technical and maintaining details
- Maximum load: 35 kg
- Total width with adjusters: 39 cm
- The child seat is the medical device and can be used only by trained person
- The child seat can be used only on flat and even surfaces
- Upholstery is removed and can be washed in washing machines at a maximum temperature of 60°C
- Do not clean upholstery with very strong detergents, such as solvent or caustic agents
- Clean upholstery manually with the use of soft detergents.
How to use
|Symbol||Measurement||Unit||Size 0||Size 1||Size 2||Size 3|
|C3||Seat height (from the floor)||[cm]||11-44||11-44||13-49||15-54|
|Maximum user weight||[kg]||25||30||50||75|
|Indicative user height*||[cm]||80-100||100-120||120-140||130-170|
*The value cannot be main factor for selection of product size.
Weight and dimensions of the device
|Measurement||Unit||Size 0||Size 1||Size 2||Size 3|
|Width after folding||[cm]||42||42||45||50|
|Length after folding||[cm]||64||67||76||88|
|Height after folding||[cm]||28||28||32||40|
Note: Measurement tolerance range is +/- 1 cm / ½ in.
Configurability of bath chair AKVOSEGO™
Medical products class 1 – conforming the directive of the Board (93/42/EWG) concerning medical products. Producer of orthopedic and medical products, firma REH4MAT issued appropriate EC declaration of conformity.