SEMI-RIGID ORTHOPAEDIC COLLAR
Orthopedic collar, Florida type, made of polyurethane plate and finished with polyurethane foam and double-layer ProFit material, which perfectly fits patient’s body. The collar stabilizes and releases pressure form the spine in the neck area, releases stress from neck muscles.
|Size||Neck circumference||Available in heights||How to measure|
|S||31-36 cm||8,10,12 cm|
All sizes available in 3 heights: 8, 10, 12cm
Stabilizes and releases stress from the neck section of the spine and neck muscles. Recommendation and instruction regarding length of use depend on leading doctor’s decision.
Purpose of use
- After injury of the neck section of the spine (sprains and bruises)
- In rehabilitation after spinal fracture in prophylactic or surgery treatment
- In severe and chronic pain of the neck and shoulders due to the injury, overstress or degenerative changes
- In degenerative changes of the neck section of the spine combined with neurological symptoms (neck radiculopathy, paresis of upper limbs, balance disturbance, vertigo)
- In headaches and tympanophonia due to neck problems
- In torticollis due to different reasons
- Too tight application of the support may lead to increase of the problems, too loose application- luck of expected function
- Difficulty in breathing and discomfort, increase of existing problems- may limit or make impossible the use of the support (especially in case of overweight patients, with thyroid problems and increased neurotic symptoms) – after consulting with the leading doctor.
- It is necessary to control the correctness of the use of the support in case of children and patients with memory disorder or mental problems
- In case of skin changes in the place where the support touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, eczema) – use of the support is possible after a dressing is applies
Medical products class 1 – conforming the directive of the Board (93/42/EWG) concerning medical products. Producer of orthopedic and medical products, firma REH4MAT issued appropriate EC declaration of conformity.