UNIVERSAL KNEE BRACE WITH ROM ADJUSTMENT
Arthroscopy allows to see the joint from the inside and gives most information than others. In diagnostic, doctor can take a joint fluid samples or a little bone to analysis. Later, doctor can provide therapeutic arthroscopy.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is the common reason of knee arthroscopy. The ACL ligament plays the role of drawer syndrome and rotation tibia control and knee joint proprioception. ACL surgery provides knee stabilization, perception and neuromuscular control1.
Sometimes, diagnostic arthroscopy is essential to insert special optic instrument into joint that allows to see the inside of the knee. During this arthroscopy the small fragments are cleared.
After surgery the knee is immobilized in special po-op knee brace. In the frist day, the patient can walk only with crutches with off-loading the leg. When the surgical drains are removed, the leg can be load a little. The ACL grafts take after 8-10 months, but the walking is possible earlier, but the rehabilitation is necessary from the beginning. Minimum, for the first 3 months the post-op after surgery knee brace is necessary.
Our universal post-op after surgery knee brace with ROM adjustment 4-Range it the best solution after surgery. Our knee brace is very light, openwork device that improves patient’s comfort. The brace is equipped with two 2-axial splints and drop-lock with ROM adjustment in every 20o. The splints are made of hot covered aluminium. The splints are anatomic-shaped and provide excellent stabilization. The drop-lock provides ROM adjustment in every 20o without any tools.
In addition, the length of splints are adjusted that knee brace has universal size.
The device is equipped with soft pellotes with silicone that prevents against the slipping the brace off. The VELCRO tapes provide effective and excellent joint stabilization. Our po-op knee brace is easy to adjust even in patients with thigh and calf disproportions.
Our 4-Range knee brace has system of frontal fast fastening what improves brace functionality and comfort of use.
Our post-op knee brace is for both legs and has universal size.
Purpose of use
- ligaments injuries (ACL)
- knee arthroscopy
- ligaments reconstruction/replacement (ACL)
- meniscus reconstruction
|(A) Minimum and maximum thigh circumference 15 cm above the patella||(B) Minimum and maximum calf circumference 15 cm below the patella||(C) Distance between knee joint interstice and groin||(D) Distance between knee joint interstice and shin||How to measure|
|min 40 cm – max 75 cm
(min 15,7″ – max 29,5″)
|min 30 cm – max 60 cm
(min 11,8 – max 23,6″)
|min 28 cm – max 32,5 cm
(min 11″ – max 12,8″)
|min. 28 cm – max 34,5 cm
(min 11″ – max 13,6″)
MiniMax is the first principle of REH4MAT that focuses on maximum effect in minimum device. Designing of our braces, we focus heavily on their effectiveness where, aside from functionality, the size of braces is significant. Unique constructions of our devices provide maximum safety and protection with little sizes. It allows to use comfortably our braces in sport shoes or under clothes.
1. Barrack RL, Skinner HB. The sesnsory function of the knee ligaments. In: Daniem DM, Akeson WH, O’Connor JJ, editors. Knee ligaments: structure, function, injury and repair. New York: Raven Press; 1990. P.95-114
2. Barrack RL, Skinner HB, Buckley SL. Proprioception in the anterior cruciate dificient knee. Am J Sports Med. 1989;17:1-6
3. Bessette G, Hunter RE. The anterior cruciate ligamrnt. Orthopedics 1990;13:551-62
4. Halata Z, Wagner C, Baumann Kl. Sensory nerve endings in the anterior cruciate ligament of sheep. Anat Rec 1999;254(1):13-21
5. Valeriani M, Restuccia D, Di Lazarro V, Franceschi F, Fabbriciani C, Tonali P, et al. Clinical and neurophysiological abnormalities before and after reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament of the knee. Acta Neurol Scand 1999;99:303
Medical products class 1 – conforming the directive of the Board (93/42/EWG) concerning medical products. Producer of orthopedic and medical products, firma REH4MAT issued appropriate EC declaration of conformity.