SEMI-RIGID ORTHOPAEDIC COLLAR
Half-firm orthopedic collar, Florida type, made of anatomically shaped, polyurethane plate and VELCRO tapes for size adjustment. The collar stabilizes and releases pressure form the spine in the neck area, releases stress from neck muscles.
|Size||Neck circumference||Available in heights||How to measure|
|S||31-36 cm||8,10,12 cm|
All sizes available in 3 heights: 8, 10, 12cm
Stabilizes and releases stress from the neck section of the spine and neck muscles. Recommendation and instruction regarding length of use depend on leading doctor’s decision.
Purpose of use
- After injury of the neck section of the spine (sprains and bruises)
- In rehabilitation after spinal fracture in prophylactic or surgery treatment
- In severe and chronic pain of the neck and shoulders due to the injury, overstress or degenerative changes
- In degenerative changes of the neck section of the spine combined with neurological symptoms (neck radiculopathy, paresis of upper limbs, balance disturbance, vertigo)
- In headaches and tympanophonia due to neck problems
- In torticollis due to different reasons
- Too tight application of the support may lead to increase of the problems, too loose application- luck of expected function
- Difficulty in breathing and discomfort, increase of existing problems- may limit or make impossible the use of the support (especially in case of overweight patients, with thyroid problems and increased neurotic symptoms) – after consulting with the leading doctor.
- It is necessary to control the correctness of the use of the support in case of children and patients with memory disorder or mental problems
- In case of skin changes in the place where the support touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, eczema) – use of the support is possible after a dressing is applies